Good manners, Good tone and welfare of DD's, NM and prospective developers

Hello Debian Women

I wasn't quite sure about the correct list / people to bring up my
small concern about current Debian's inter-personal relationships.

There are a few under-age (18 / 21 depends where you are) who are
possibly want to develop Debian [1]. In addition there are various
adult people with various moral and ethical standards (What's
acceptable for some might not be for the others).

In the past months I've started to contribute to Debian & Ubuntu and
I've started to be a bit concerned by some of the behavior and
etiquette on the mailing list. For example most are for plain-txt
emails, bottom-posting and etc. and politely point people to not do
that, while at the same time language at times is heated, rude and
offensive (well to me sometimes) especially in the threads that just
won't die.

Sometimes when I read some of the posts (debian-devel, debian-legal,
rants between mentors on debian-mentors a couple of bug reports) it
seems to me that some parent might be concerned what their children
are "developing" with that sort of people. The debian social contract
is such concise and beautiful statement which sets an amazing spirit
in Debian, unfortunately it does not set the tone.

I would love to see friendly, safe and respectful behavior towards
each other on mailing lists & other communication channel's within
debian. I don't know but maybe a code of conduct (e.g. [2]) is
something appropriate to be popularized in Debian?

What are your thought on this topic? Am I talking non-sense or is
debian development "not children save"?

[1] for example there is this kid who develops Zope, has commit access
and got sponsored by Google to go to Zope conf (or however it is
called) and he gave 2 or 3 presentations.
[2] http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),