Re: "Debian women may leave due to 'sexist' post"

Elizabeth,

I've been a professional software engineer for many decades.
I've managed and been managed by people of both genders and
most sexual orientations and many races and many religions.
In my experience the field of software engineering is not
perfect but it is less discriminatory than most.

Debian has inspiring goals, and most DDs are diligent workers
who together are producing something valuable for humanity.

But Debian also has a kernel of loud mouth mediocrities who
gravitate to positions of power.  They are adolescents and
to them outrage is a virtue.  The best that can be said of
them is that they are not actually sexist because they will
try to bully anyone.  There can be no excuse for their recent
attacks on women, on the Debian Constitution, or on Manoj.

Thank you for what you have done for humanity through your
work with Debian and Ubuntu.  There are always software
projects and software businesses that measure people by their
personal qualities and their skills and I hope that you have
the good fortune henceforth to work with honorable people in
an environment of mutual respect - whether within Debian or
elsewhere.

--Mike Bird