Re: "Debian women may leave due to 'sexist' post"

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 05:59:30AM +0000, Sam Kuper wrote:
> 2008/12/22 Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>:
> > Troll. Troll. Troll.
>
> I hope that's not referring to John's email.

Are you kidding?

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:36:05PM -0500, John Wiggles wrote:
> I am not a dev or woman but I believe that sexism,racism and any other ism
> you want to add is wrong and should be dealt with accordingly and swiftly.

This implies that someone disagrees with him.

> Shame on the Debian Project leaders

Pointing his finger to individuals.

> for not coming out against these people
> who think that making jokes that degrade,insult

Opening old discussions, with no context. Unnecessary.

> and basically hurt the
> feelings of
> other HUMAN beings who work hard for FREE so we can all have a great
> operating system.

Needlessly emotive, we all know this.

> My feelings are hurt for the women of and the men who don't feel like
> these...let's just say it, STUPID LITTLE MINDED PEOPLE!

Stupid little minded people? Oh come on. Intentional inflammation.

The whole email was uncalled for, and I believe purposefully designed to
re-ignite the biter flame wars and arguments that have been tearing apart these
lists for the past couple of months. We've been through all of this, and we have
important work to be concentrating on.