Re: Debian's Freenode IRC channels

(It seems I have to be subscribed for my message to reach the lists.
Having subscribed, I'm resending. If it is not the case, apologees for
the duplicate posting.)

On Jan 12, 2008 12:34 PM, Melissa Draper <melissa@meldraweb.com> wrote:
> <simonrvn> @be $1 barbie is <reply>AAAAW! $1 is too HARD! let's go shopping!
> <ravenbird> simonrvn: okay
> <simonrvn> w00t
> <simonrvn> @be ssh barbie
> <ravenbird> AAAAW! ssh is too HARD! let's go shopping!

Are you equating making fun of Barbie with making fun of women in
general? Now *I'm* offended. I should think that most people in
debian-women would be among the people most eager to make fun of Barbie!

Your logs are also in my (and also others') opinion misleadingly edited.
http://www.pastebin.ca/852059 contain the full logs of the channel for
that period.

Hell, #debian-offtopic was started by a woman, and the tone was set by a
crowd with a healthy proportion of women. Calling the channel "sexist"
or accusing us of "degrading women" simply doesn't have any base in
reality, *whatsoever*.

One might say we reject decency equally - man, or women. :)

Melissa Draper has demonstrated no interest in making the channel more
woman-friendly (it has got one of the highest female populations of any
distro-related channel) - it seems to me that she is only interested in
making the channel meet her own personal morality criteria.

Regards,
-Tore :)
AKA "toresbe"