Re: Debian's Freenode IRC channels

On Jan 12, 2008 12:34 PM, Melissa Draper <melissa@meldraweb.com> wrote:
> <simonrvn> @be $1 barbie is <reply>AAAAW! $1 is too HARD! let's go shopping!
> <ravenbird> simonrvn: okay
> <simonrvn> w00t
> <simonrvn> @be ssh barbie
> <ravenbird> AAAAW! ssh is too HARD! let's go shopping!

Are you equating making fun of Barbie with making fun of women in
general? Now *I'm* offended. I should think that most people in
debian-women would be among the people most eager to make fun of Barbie!

Your logs are also in my (and also others') opinion misleadingly edited.
http://www.pastebin.ca/852059 contain the full logs of the channel for
that period.

Hell, #debian-offtopic was started by a woman, and the tone was set by a
crowd with a healthy proportion of women. Calling the channel "sexist"
or accusing us of "degrading women" simply doesn't have any base in
reality, *whatsoever*.

One might say we reject decency equally - man, or women. :)

Melissa Draper has demonstrated no interest in making the channel more
woman-friendly (it has got one of the highest female populations of any
distro-related channel) - it seems to me that she is only interested in
making the channel meet her own personal morality criteria.

-Tore
AKA "toresbe"