Re: Debian's Freenode IRC channels

Greetings,

First and foremost, I want to apologise for the tone of my original post, and how it came across. It was rather uncharacteristic of me but I should have known better than to write such a post on 3hrs sleep in the middle of a heatwave.

However, I am not apologetic for raising the issue, and wholeheartedly thank Jordi and Michael for appreciating my point of view.

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
Ronin, please remain calm and respectful. Melissa had at least one
perfectly valid point, and perhaps others. Her valid point is that
there is a channel that by its own admission is a pigsty, and it's
using the Debian name in a popular IRC network. Channel moved, we get
to keep our pigsty, and newcomers don't immediately find a hostile
channel with Debian's name in it. I for one am happy that the pigsty
remains, because sometimes I like to wallow around in mud just as much
as you do.

Problem solved all around.

I would like to point out that after I was directed to the channel, I was never informed that it was a intentionally "pigsty" channel. The nearest I got was to be called an advocacy troll for inquiring why the channel was set +s. Regardless, I would have been equally disappointed and embarrassed that such a channel was preventably under the name of an otherwise respectable FOSS project.