Re: Debian's Freenode IRC channels

Vid Ayer wrote:
On Jan 12, 2008 12:34 PM, Melissa Draper <melissa@meldraweb.com> wrote:
As part of my NY Resolutions, I decided it was time to get more involved
in Debian, which involves hanging out in Debian channels more. Apart
from rejoining the OFTC Debian channels, I also joined the Freenode ones
since they are still the more populous. The channels I joined included
#debian-offtopic - a 'secret' channel which they freely redirect
offtopic conversation to if they are asked for an offtopic channel.

Its better to stick to the debian servers. Freenode is well freenode.
Even Linuxchix had a similar problem years ago, its practically not
possible to stop folks from creating channels. At best educate people
where the correct resources lie, in this case : redirect folks to the
debian servers.

The Debian community extends beyond OFTC and is in fact 2.5x larger on Freenode than OFTC.

--
Sincerely
Melissa Draper

http://www.meldraweb.com