Re: Debian's Freenode IRC channels

On Jan 12, 2008 12:34 PM, Melissa Draper <melissa@meldraweb.com> wrote:
> As part of my NY Resolutions, I decided it was time to get more involved
> in Debian, which involves hanging out in Debian channels more. Apart
> from rejoining the OFTC Debian channels, I also joined the Freenode ones
> since they are still the more populous. The channels I joined included
> #debian-offtopic - a 'secret' channel which they freely redirect
> offtopic conversation to if they are asked for an offtopic channel.

Its better to stick to the debian servers. Freenode is well freenode.
Even Linuxchix had a similar problem years ago, its practically not
possible to stop folks from creating channels. At best educate people
where the correct resources lie, in this case : redirect folks to the
debian servers.

--
Vid
|| http://www.svaksha.com ||