Re: A list for D-W translators

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:51:21 +0200, Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> wrote:

Hello again everybody :)

After collecting some feedback, I would very much like to start this list, if that would not be inconvenient for others. There are several people who are interested, and I have found that there is not only a need to discuss D-W translation issues in more detail, but to have a place where we can talk about the general issues of women translators in OSS.

 (If this has been discussed at length elsewhere, or before I
started reading this list, I apologise.)

 Somebody asked whether the existing translation mailing lists
would not be the appropriate fora.  I have not seen any answers
to that question.  Are the general issues of women translators
too off-topic for the unisex translator fora?

 New fora where people with common interests, gender, religion,
pets or complexion can meet are nice.  But if they siphon off
existing well-functioning fora, then that can be counter-
productive.

 Have you probed the other fora to see if they would mind
discussing women issues?

--
Herman Robak,
herman at skolelinux no