Re: A list for D-W translators

* Herman Robak <herman@skolelinux.no> [2005:07:28 15:06 +0200]:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:51:21 +0200, Clytie Siddall
> <clytie@riverland.net.au> wrote:
>
> >Hello again everybody :)
> >
> >After collecting some feedback, I would very much like to start this
> >list, if that would not be inconvenient for others. There are several
> >people who are interested, and I have found that there is not only a
> >need to discuss D-W translation issues in more detail, but to have a
> >place where we can talk about the general issues of women translators in
> >OSS.
>
>  (If this has been discussed at length elsewhere, or before I
> started reading this list, I apologise.)
>
>  Somebody asked whether the existing translation mailing lists
> would not be the appropriate fora.  I have not seen any answers
> to that question.  Are the general issues of women translators
> too off-topic for the unisex translator fora?

I'm of a similar opinion as Herman -- I think that we do need to
integrate ourselves properly into Debian and this has not happened in a
lot of ways, but I see the translation team as a possibility for
integration. I don't know anything about translation lists so I really
have no idea whether any of them are suitable, but if someone could look
into this and report back, I would appreciate it. If there really
aren't any lists which are appropriate, I'll look into having a new list
created for our translators.

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide