Science fiction?

On Friday I met with two researchers working on "understanding gender
issues in open source" as part of the FLOSSpols project. One of the
(many) things we discussed was whether the women involved in free
software projects tend to read as much science fiction as the
men. (They're interested in this from a point of view of "entry into
the free software world" and "identifying with the free software
community and culture.") I thought it'd be interesting to ask on here
-- do you read science fiction?

--
hanna m. wallach
blog: http://join-the-dots.org/