Re: gender portrayal

On 12/05/2005, at 9:23 PM, Andrew Suffield wrote:

On the gender portrayal topic, my teenage daughter is a fan of Japanese
anime, specifically one called Naruto, and I'm intrigued by the
androgyneous male characters (which I think occur in other anime as
well).

Oh wow, bishounen guys. Yes, it's common; to what extent varies with
the author. It would not be entirely inaccurate to sum it up by saying
"Japanese girls like to look at pretty boys", although there's more to
it than that.

Most likely. :)

I have no opinions on this as yet, I'm just intrigued, and a little
puzzled, by it.

If you want to understand that you're going to have to watch a lot
more anime.

Please, not more: I'm getting too much Japanese in my head as it is, and it's muddling. :(

from Clytie (vi-VN, team/nhóm Gnome-vi)

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc