Re: Women wanted as games programmers

* Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> [2005:05:11 12:44 +0100]:
> Most of the best ones in recent history have either had strong female
> protagonists or principals (Phantom Brave, Disgaea, Xenosaga, Final
> Fantasy X-2) or simply been ambivalent about the gender of the
> characters (typically because they have no plot; such games either
> allow you to pick the gender or simply don't indicate one).

There's also Metroid's Samus Aran.

The weird about a lot of these female protagonists is that they're
basically men in women's bodies. Usually bodies which, uh, overaccentuate
certain physical attributes. I read something about this once; maybe I'll
try to find the article later...

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide