Re: Welcome to DW

 --- Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> escribió:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 08:07:52PM -0400, Julie Sloan wrote:
>
> > I was referring more to the overall "tone" of the group.  Think of the ski
> > lodge as a place where people enjoy themselves and each others company,
> > where conversation is relaxed and friendly.  Think of the office as a
> brisk,
> > brusque place where people stand tensely in lines and don't interact.  :)
>

> Huh. That's funny. The last person from LinuxChix that I remember being
> around was quite rude, belligerent, intolerant and completely and totally
> insensitive to people when a disagreement was brought to light. She was
> quite possibly one of the loudest and flamiest people that have been /on/
> this list since it started.
>
> I think, perhaps, the overall "tone" of any group, then, must be in the
> "ear" of the beholder, because *I* was personally soured on LinuxChix thanks
> to that one person, just as you've been soured on Debian-Women thanks to
> this one thread.

I've been a member of LinuxChix lists for some time (I joined them even before
I've heard of D-W) and I've often found a very polite and friendly environment
there. I do not write a lot there anyway, but I think it's a great group :)

I've always found D-W very friendly and welcoming too, btw, I guess you all
know that :)

Miry

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad