Re: Debian Dictionaries - last try [trans] [site]

On 13/08/2005, at 9:44 PM, Jutta Wrage wrote (in part):

Possible solutions:

1. Someone cares personally and contacts me about how things can be done

Personally and writes to you both directly and here, if that's OK.

I certainly want to help if I can. I think the dicts are a very useful resource, and I'm keen to link them in with other projects for my language in which I am involved, about which we have talked.

Is there anything I can do to help, Jutta? Apart from keeping my translation updated? I'm rather interested in adding terms to the dicts, if you think that would be useful, or adding external links to additional information. I think svaksha would be interested in adding her very scarce languages to the dicts, once we get her input problems sorted out. Hajni could well be interested, if she can find the time, to add Hungarian, wihch would be great. We most likely have other translators on the list who may have time to contribute: it would be terrific if they did. :)

I looked on the D-W page for the dicts today, and it didn't have Hungarian (or Marathi or Sanskrit), but it didn't have Vietnamese either, so maybe it's not quite up-to-date. So I ask. :)

I know you are probably looking for contribution in areas in which I have no expertise, but I'm happy to do what I can.

Do you have a current TODO list for the dicts? Can I help by setting something up?

Danke schön Jutta, for all the work you have done and continue to do on the dict project. :)