Re: grepping memory (was: Re: Thank you for the software)

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 15:31:56 +0200, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

also sprach Herman Robak <herman@skolelinux.no> [2005.06.19.1404 +0200]:
 Do you have some better suggestions in that respect?  A one-liner for
string searches or replacements in the memory space for a given PID
(e.g. "memgrep pattern PID") would be awesome.

`grep pattern /proc/$PID/mem` *used* to work back when I needed it,
now it just pretends there ain't no such process. No idea why.

 I think I tried that (since it was rather obvious) with no luck. :-(

--
Herman Robak
herman at skolelinux no