D-W wiki and UTF-8

Hello everybody :)

I've been experimenting at PmWiki's PmWiki, and am getting some more experience in how to display utf-8 text correctly.

Interestingly, the main Vietnamese page in the D-W wiki is now displaying perfectly in Preview, but that one vowel is still broken in the Saved version. ??

At the PmWiki main site, I've now translated the main XLTemplate, which translates most of the interface. There are quite a few translations completed there, so we could have the D-W wiki interface in all our languages. All I needed to do there was complete that file and paste it into the correct place in my language's directory, and it applied to all the pages in that dir. At the top of the maion XLTemplate page, it was necessary to place:

 'xlpage-i18n' => 'utf-8',

which would then apply to all the other pages at that level. Do we have that setting in our non-English directories?

There are still limitations in searching, which extends to results from Recent Changes, but overall it's encouraging.

I'd like to implement my translation in the D-W wiki interface, but I'm not sure how to do that. What should I do?

I've had a look at the English Suggestions page, and it these sound like things we should work out as a team. How should we do that?
__________________________
please add your suggestions to improve the wiki!!

Write an introduction on how to translate:
* how to become authorisation to edit/add pages
* how to start a translation (new directory, language reference in header above pages)
* prefered sequence of translatable content
* with whom to coordinate if necessary (debian-l10n-<language>@ldo?)
* policy on announcing new translation
* how to translate a page in detail

I'm getting wiki-dizzy, but I think that's pretty much where I'm up to.

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc