Re: Pre-RFA : lifelines, geneweb and poedit packages

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 08:18 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Christine Spang (spangarang@twcny.rr.com):
> You then have the choice between geneweb (along with Magni) where
> there are things to do (especially test all upgrade/install/removal
> situations and cleaning the maintainer scripts)...and lifelines, along
> with faw (Felipe) which will probably be quieter as the "only" thing
> to do here is following upstream and package their new versions when
> they're available.
>
> For lifelines, a general look at the packaging is needed but it has
> nothing complicated in it.

It sounds like there is already a bunch of interest in lifelines, and
probably anybody else would be overkill on something that is not going
to need a lot of attention.

I think that I would like to end up co-maintaining with someone who
isn't also completely new, as two clueless heads aren't necessarily
better than one.

> If you have good C++ skills, helping in poedit with luk would be good
> as well.

What about if not? I am interested here since translation is neat, and
luk did say he was interested in mentoring. *g*

> Last, but not least, a few more (wo)manpower to my maintenance team
> for shadow would also help. Bug triage there is a big task and we're
> still not done with it yet. This package is already a team effort and
> will remain so (and I won't drop my involvment in it) but its
> importance justifies a stronger team.

I would be interested in learning about this, even if it is supposedly
tedious and boring. Happy the blind go to the gallows.

--
"All that glitters is not gold; not all those that wander are lost."
        J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

blog: http://frisia.middle-earth.us/