Re: Pre-RFA : lifelines, geneweb and poedit packages

Quoting Christine Spang (spangarang@twcny.rr.com):

> > As I wrote on IRC, I would have hoped a few more women, but it is
> > still time to volunteer, ladies and...ladies...:-)
>
> Alright. Eventually I want to pick up package maintenance. So if you're
> looking for someone who doesn't know anything about what they may end up
> doing, but happens to be very good at jumping into things head first and
> picking up fairly quickly (and is entering summer vacation), you have a
> female volunteer. I'm not too picky.

You then have the choice between geneweb (along with Magni) where
there are things to do (especially test all upgrade/install/removal
situations and cleaning the maintainer scripts)...and lifelines, along
with faw (Felipe) which will probably be quieter as the "only" thing
to do here is following upstream and package their new versions when
they're available.

For lifelines, a general look at the packaging is needed but it has
nothing complicated in it.

If you have good C++ skills, helping in poedit with luk would be good
as well.

Last, but not least, a few more (wo)manpower to my maintenance team
for shadow would also help. Bug triage there is a big task and we're
still not done with it yet. This package is already a team effort and
will remain so (and I won't drop my involvment in it) but its
importance justifies a stronger team.