Re: Supporters brief-up

* Amaya <amaya@debian.org> [2004:07:26 13:03 +0200]:
> nicole wrote:
> > If we don't have a supporters section, we should have a contributors
> > section.
>
> Again I truly believe in *visibility*. A contributors section would help
> a lot there. Do you want me to take car of it too?.

I've not weighed in much on the Supporters page issue because I wanted to
see if there was a general consensus. It appears that:

1. People agree with having a contributors page
2. The supporters page is still controversial

I have to wonder what the point of the latter is. I found the perspectives
interesting, but I also disagreed with quite a few of them and felt they
were a bit condescending; not at all the kind of image I'd like to project
(though I can only speak for myself here). It just feels too much like
we're trying to prove something: "Look, other people care, our existence is
justified." The amount of women on this list compared to other Debian lists
is proof enough for me. That is who the project is for, after all.

I agree with the contributors page. People should get credit for things
they've done. The interesting bit is going to be defining what qualifies as
a contribution..

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide
http://double-helix.org