Re: Next #d-women forum; topics anyone?

* Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> [2004:12:27 13:14 +0000]:
> One thing that interests me is the possibility of setting up a project to
> improve the the ease of finding relevant documentation in Debian.  I often
> have trouble finding the thing I want to know about, even though I know the
> documentation is there somewhere.   I wonder whether the Debian Women
> project could think of ways to make it easier to locate the right
> documentation, and whether it would help many of us if we did...

Since at least one person has misunderstood, could you elaborate a bit on
this? I know we've spoken (off-list) about this topic, but I recall it
being associated with things like devref, policy, et al.

Basically what needs to happen with those is that they need to be dumped in
a big pile and have a lot of people go through and pick out the good bits
and reorganize them. I imagine this is no small task due to the breadth of
the docs in consideration.

> On the other hand, documentation is a somewhat "dry" topic for a meeting,
> so I'm not sure whether people would be interested in that one.  What other
> ideas are there?

Well, tabloids are more interesting than physics textbooks to the average
person, but I'd say they are also worthless. Go with dry. ;)

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide