Re: Meetings?

Hi Erinn,

Erinn Clark wrote:
:: Hi everyone,

	Hi Everybody!

:: I'm considering setting up meetings (monthly, every two
:: weeks, whatever) on IRC. We're all very chatty in the
:: IRC channel and a lot of good discussion comes out of
:: it, yet the list remains dead. Ideally, discussions on
:: IRC would be about a certain topic picked at an
:: earlier time, then discussed, with minutes posted to
:: the website/list (as well as tasks assigned, assuming
:: the topic has anything to do with such a thing).

	Good idea! With the IRC discussion we could send
messages to the list with more conclusions and parameters,
so it could accelerate the projects and development. :)

:: Pros:
::  - Increased discussion.
::  - More clearly defined goals.

	More conclusions and opinions.

:: Cons:
::  - Not everyone goes on IRC.
::  - Different timezones.
::  - Non-fluent English speakers feel more comfortable
:: replying via email (I've been told)

	We can set a bot to collect the IRC log and put
it on DW site or send to the list (or both of them). And
the discussion can goes on the list.

	IMHO, we should save the IRC log, put on a web
page, and somebody do a "conclusion" paper to post on
the list, and the discussion can goes on. We can also
translate the "conclusion" paper and publish it on the
site.

:: The idea is that this will facilitate more discussion
:: on the list and more work being done. We can also hold
:: the meetings at varying times to accomodate people in
:: different timezones (maybe change it each month,
:: depending on what we decide).

	I prefer the idea of two or three meeting with
a 12 (maybe 6) hour difference, as we are logging, people
can check what is already said, and complement it. We can
do a kind of Debian Weekly News, a kind of, Debian Women
Last Meeting News. :)

:: What we'll need:
::  - A working wiki
::  - Dates
::  - Times
::  - People willing to do various tasks (keep track of
:: the meetings, post to wiki, etc.)

:: Thoughts?

	IRC meeting should have a moderator.

	Kind regards,