Re: On debian lists, we cc if asked

On 2004-08-15 03:23:49 +0100 Almut Behrens <almut-behrens@gmx.net> wrote:

"If you send messages to lists to which you are not subscribed,
always note that fact in the body of your message."

I usually note it in my first message in a subthread, which is how I read the above. If you want it in every message, so be it. I see that I missed it in one debian-women thread but Erinn kindly pointed it out for me.

In none of the mails you've sent to d-w so far (except the last one),
I do find an explicit request that you'd like to be cc'd.  So please
don't go patronizing us about list etiquette. Thanks.

You are unable to find the obvious, then. See for example http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2004/08/msg00087.html

Why is pointing something out automatically "patronizing" to this list? debian-women is the most rude and hostile list I've encountered for years. Really, if you behave like this, it is no surprise that some of you find debian unwelcoming. Most DDs do not suffer fools gladly. I think those subscribed to debian-women must have the patience of saints.

I am not subscribed to debian-women and request a cc.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast