Re: What do you want to learn?

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 04:49, Michelle Murrain wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Like many of you, I'd like to learn how to create and maintain packages,
>   and just overall learn things that would help me contribute to the
> debian project, to make it better.

Hi everyone,

here ist a link I find really helpfull as an introduction to packaging:
http://www.schlittermann.de/deb-intern/dpkg/
I's in German, but I wanted to share it with you anyway and I think
there are a few German-speaking people here.

To introduce myself, I live in Austria and work as a programmer in an
old-fashioned way: I write programs for mainfraimes in PLI. I'm reading
this list for a few weeks and I like this project very much. Debian is
my favourite OS since I tried it for the first time about 3 years ago
(when Woody was testing).

Brigitte