Re: What do you want to learn?

Hey all,

Like many of you, I'd like to learn how to create and maintain packages, and just overall learn things that would help me contribute to the debian project, to make it better.

Mostly, the reason I haven't yet has been lack of time - but also because there hasn't been what I've thought of as a friendly place to learn that stuff (I have had one very disheartening interaction with the maintainer of a package I care about, and wanted to help with.)

So if there is either going to be some sort of course, or just more of a mentors program, where experienced debian developers can help budding/potential developers move forward, that would be fab, and count me in.
--
.Michelle

Michelle Murrain
mmurrain at dbdes dot com
413-222-6350 ph
617-889-0929 ph
952-674-7253 fax <--- new
Page: pageme@murrain.net
AIM:pearlbear0 ICQ:129250575
Y!: michelle_murrain Jabber: pearlbear@transactim.net

"..it is for us, while we have this great gift of consciousness, to use it properly, to understand what it means to live consciously, to live fully with awareness, to know where we are coming from, where we are going, and why we are here." -- Seyyed Hossein Nasr