Re: Comments on the FAQ

I gathered most of the info for the "involvement" page, so I'll try to
answer those questions as best I can.  The most general answer to most
of the "why doesn't this link work" questions that people may have is
that the website is currently a work in progress.  New pages are in
the process of being created, and existing pages are being completed
and revised.

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 03:29:38 +0100, MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
<SNIP>

> Involvement
>
> The Profiles page is described as listing only women. Is that accurate?

Currently there are no men on the Profiles page, so I'd say "yes".

> The TODO link is broken (/todo is not found) and the IRC FAQ link goes
> to the current page.

Those documents haven't been completed yet (AFAIK).  When they have
been, the links should work.

> Most of the rest of this page comes from debian-www's CVS, doesn't it?
<SNIP some more>

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this.  I gathered the links from
across the www.debian.org webspace.  The idea is to have the
information all gathered in one page, and grouped by subject, which I
could not find elsewhere on the project space.  Since one of our main
goals is to encourage those who aren't already involved in the Debian
project at large to become involved, this seemed like a nice way to
collect helpful info in one place to present the various opportunities
there are to be part of Debian.  It certainly wasn't my intent to
plagiarize anything, so if there is a specific page that you're
referring to that includes all of this information, please do let me
know because I didn't run across it in my efforts.

Also, please note that just because something isn't listed on the
involvement page doesn't mean it's not a worthy task; it just means
that I didn't run across it.  Contributions of links, descriptions,
additions, and contact info are more than welcome ;-).

Thanks,

- Colleen