Re: What do you want to learn?

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 05:45:12PM +0200, Brigitte Huebner wrote:
> here ist a link I find really helpfull as an introduction to packaging:
> http://www.schlittermann.de/deb-intern/dpkg/
> I's in German, but I wanted to share it with you anyway and I think
> there are a few German-speaking people here.

The first 50-60% are very informative, I don't know whether such a nice
overview exists in english.

However, while the general policy and the internal structure of the
Debian packages have not changed much, the last third or so talks about
the actual packaging, which has seen dramatic improvements since 1997
with the introduction of e.g. debconf, debhelper, patch systems and
cdbs. Further, the article is talking about obsolete standards at the end
(FSSTND instead of FHS).

Just as a word of warning.

Michael