Re: Women are more engaged

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 06:28:19PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> To my own shame I have to admit that I did not come to DebConf 4 because
> I just went on a "normal" vacation with my family - well OK we regularly
Andreas, are you seriously about this? I hope not! One of the reasons
why there are almost no mothers involved in Open Source projects, is, to a big
deal, that they spend more time caring about their family, and hence don't
find time for such activities.

Let me put it this way: I'm always wondering how these young fathers (I
know several of them) find time to engage in Open Source related
projects to the extend they do, committing _a lot_ of their time,
besides their normal daytime jobs.
Time their partners don't find -- obviously because they seem to spend
it on childcare, family and household matters, thus giving him the
opportunity to engage in "his" project.

I don't know any young mother who has a partner who does this for her. So
please: Instead of having a bad conscience, spend more time with your
children and housecare, giving your mate the opportunity to engage in
Open Source projects to the same extend you do!

SCNR :)

	Patricia