Re: Website, logo, etc.

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 12:04:29PM -0700, nicole wrote:
> I think we should have a "getting started" link, where you can get info on
> how to get started in debian, get started as a maintainer, get started as
> a woman in the linux community, get started as a woman in the greater
> PC/CS/scientific community, get started as a conference speaker, get
> started as anything we're interested in :o) You could also include the
> projects that we are working on there too.

I really think this is a great idea -- one of the best ways to make a
community seem more welcoming and less intimidating is to actively
make available information on how to get involved.

> I like the logo

Me too!

> If we have guidelines or policy on how people who are not site maintainers
> request updates, that works. I suppose if you had a blog-style front page,
> you could have people writing their own articles or whatever and that
> might be enough, then the actual pages could be updated as someone with
> privileges has time. I suppose that's a stronger case for a CMS.

This sounds great. I think having at least part of the site be
blog-like will (hopefully!) encourage more people to get involved in a
visible fashion.

Best,

--
hanna m. wallach