Re: [Dev-C++] Compiling cygwin

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 12:25:11PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 11:54:05AM +0200, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> >
> >Technical issues for offering solutions from both worlds:
> >- path compatibility (which should be Unix style everywhere as stated in the
> >Debian charter. This will be the only visible change for native Windows
> >users),
>
> That will be a BIG change for any tools that are not "cygwin-native".  If
> you are going to make that a goal, why not just convert the tools to
> cygwin?

 I've used cygwin dev tools with windows native emacs.  gdb works fine when
run through emacs' gdb mode, but GDB prints cygwin paths when execution
stops, so emacs doesn't know where to find the source files.  I modified the
lisp code to translate, but it is specific to my setup.

(defun gud-cygwin-filename-fixup (f)
  (if (string-match "^/c/" f)
      (concat "c:" (substring f 3)))
)

 I think the best solution for getting cygwin and non-cygwin tools working
is for the cygwin tools to optionally print paths in Windows format.  An env
var or a command line option would do it.

 Programs other than gdb that need to worry about this sort of thing are
grep and find, and I'm sure others.  Any program that prints a path that
will be used directly by another program needs to worry about this.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y