Re: get the project officially started

In Wed, 5 Dec 2001 14:01:04 +0100 Robert cum veritate scripsit :

> Hello,
>
> Looks like our project is not going to be taken seriously in
> debian-devel
> untill
> we manage to convince some stubborn debian developers who are currently
> flaming every post we make to the list.
>
> Without it, we won't get the project officially started in debian, we
> won't
> have a
> centralised place to put packages so we can't do anymore than creating
> the
> base system and distributing it unofficially, which is what Mark Paulus
> is
> doing.

No, it's the other way around.

We can start everything before starting an official port.
We need some kind of base system working, before
having an official port.
We need to prove that this system actually works.

Please concentrate on discussing the necessary matters on
debian-win32 list, and stop trying to play with
people in -devel.

People in -devel are experts in flaming each other,
especially when there is nothing to see yet.

# the most important thing would be to get cygwin
# run on wine, presumably by fixing the handling of
# console code by wine

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4