Re: Use of rewriting in a debian package

hey andrew,

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 13:17 +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> The fact that it includes stuff to support such a situation suggests
> that it should _not_ be put into experimental, it should be unleashed
> upon 'unstable' immediately.

the biggest inhibitor lately is that i have a really, really full plate
right now with my other debian stuff, so i haven't had much time to
devote to it.

> When can we look forward to a release which we can usably depend on, and
> which we can all improve in parallel, rather than waiting on your
> solitary search for perfection.

well, for the "improving in parallel" part of that, it *is* in an svn
repository, after all :)  if more people were interested in using it
(and ideally helping develop/maintain it) i don't have a problem with
unleashing it on unstable as long as there's an agreement that i don't
want it in etch.  at least until it's had a chance to prove itself, the
"api" and behaviour stabilize, bugs are shaken out, etc.  but i'd rather
assume that it's not going to be in etch, which de-stresses me a bit and
lets me keep priorities straight on the stuff i do want to get done
before etch goes out the door.

	sean