Re: Use of rewriting in a debian package

hey uwe,

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 14:48 +0200, Uwe Steinmann wrote:
> Question: Is there any way to make the virtual host inherit the
> Rewrite rules? I don't want to put 'RewriteOption inherit' into
> the virtual host. I'd rather prefer a solution without manual
> intervention.

unfortunately, the only "way" i can think of is to file a bug against to
the apache maintainers asking for a way :(

this is actually one symptom of a larger problem, that being that
there's no way to provide vhost-specific configuration for the
predefined vhost.  the webapps-common package will eventually cover this
problem (the virtualhosts it creates have an Include directive pointing
to a vhost-specific location), but this package is still alpha-ish in
nature and i haven't even unleashed it upon experimental.

	sean