Use of rewriting in a debian package

Hi,

I put together a php application which basically maps the content
of a document management system into a url namespace.
To be more concret: any access to http://localhost/mmc-dms/xxx
has to be mapped on http://localhost/mmc/access.php/xxx
'/mmc' itself is an Alias for /usr/share/mmc/.
I'm currently doing that with rewriting, though there might
be other ways.
Unfortunately this doesn't work with apache2 installed from the
debian package. The reason seems to be the virtual host in
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default and the rewriting rules
which are put in a seperate file in /etc/apache2/conf.d.
Rewriting rules aren't inherited by virtual hosts and are consequently
unknown.

Question: Is there any way to make the virtual host inherit the
Rewrite rules? I don't want to put 'RewriteOption inherit' into
the virtual host. I'd rather prefer a solution without manual
intervention.

  Uwe

--
  MMK GmbH, Fleyer Str. 196, 58097 Hagen