Re: blacklisting util-linux on ARM Ltd hosted buildds

On 2017-08-21 14:34, Julien Cristau wrote:
On 08/21/2017 10:27 AM, Philipp Kern wrote:
On 08/21/2017 10:11 AM, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
The util-linux test-suite detects (intermittent) problems when running
on buildds hosted at ARM Ltd. The issue has been investigated and
also discussed with responsible people via #debian-arm. Unfortunately
no solution in sight (as it seems the responsible people lost interest
in investigating what's happening at their end).

I'm thus asking you to please blacklist all ARM Ltd hosted buildds
(for all (arm*) architectures) for building the util-linux package.

Once that's done please consider closing #872635 which contains some
additional info about this problem about the issue.

Right now I'm relying on give-backs and praying it doesn't end up
on ARM Ltd hosted or the doesn't trigger this build. It's annoying
and time-wasting. Unfortunately I don't have enough spare time or
motivation to continue enduring this.

I guess two other options would be:

a) Disable outbound network access altogether (likely hard)
or
b) Blackhole a.root-servers.net with a host firewall rule so that the
test gets skipped

or
c) disable tests that use the network in the package itself

Well, so the test explicitly looks for a.root-servers.net and only proceeds if it's found (hence b). I find it unpleasant that the network then fails, especially given that the notion usually is "skip network tests when the network isn't found", not "skip network tests altogether".

Kind regards
Philipp Kern