Re: blacklisting util-linux on ARM Ltd hosted buildds

On 08/21/2017 10:11 AM, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> The util-linux test-suite detects (intermittent) problems when running
> on buildds hosted at ARM Ltd. The issue has been investigated and
> also discussed with responsible people via #debian-arm. Unfortunately
> no solution in sight (as it seems the responsible people lost interest
> in investigating what's happening at their end).
>
> I'm thus asking you to please blacklist all ARM Ltd hosted buildds
> (for all (arm*) architectures) for building the util-linux package.
>
> Once that's done please consider closing #872635 which contains some
> additional info about this problem about the issue.
>
> Right now I'm relying on give-backs and praying it doesn't end up
> on ARM Ltd hosted or the doesn't trigger this build. It's annoying
> and time-wasting. Unfortunately I don't have enough spare time or
> motivation to continue enduring this.

I guess two other options would be:

a) Disable outbound network access altogether (likely hard)
or
b) Blackhole a.root-servers.net with a host firewall rule so that the
test gets skipped

I suppose DSA wouldn't be overly happy to do the latter but maybe it
could be a compromise?

Kind regards
Philipp Kern