Re: How to fix loop build-dep in buildd

Hi,

2009/9/9 Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>:
>> There is the package which dependence else does a loop of. We(new
>> architecrure porter) cannot build only in buildd.
>>
>> In this case how is it a right method to evade? Would you teach it?
>
> The idea is usually to build a package by disabling some features,
> making the build dependency optional. Once it's built, you can then
> try to build the second package. Once it's available, the first one
> can be rebuilt, enabling the previously-disabled features. To make
> sure, you can then rebuild the second package. That done, you can
> upload either of them, and let the buildds do their job.

Thank you.
I thought about the same method, too.

However, I have doubt.
For example, I suppose that there is package foo-1.0-1.
The made foo-data package does not depend on the architecture from
this source package.
I will not have to build a foo-data package.
( I use -b -B option of dpkg-buildpackage )

I change dependence of foo-1.0-1 and make version 1.0-1+sh4. And I
upload it in unreleased distribution.
In this case version dependence fails because the version of foo-data
is foo-1.0-1 and may not install
the made binary package from foo-1.0-1+sh4.
In this case how do you evade it?

Best regards,
  Nobuhiro

--