Re: How to fix loop build-dep in buildd

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <iwamatsu@nigauri.org> (09/09/2009):
> Hi, all.

Hi,

(keeping you Cc'd in addition to the list since it's unclear to me
whether you're subscribed)

> There is the package which dependence else does a loop of. We(new
> architecrure porter) cannot build only in buildd.
>
> In this case how is it a right method to evade? Would you teach it?

The idea is usually to build a package by disabling some features,
making the build dependency optional. Once it's built, you can then
try to build the second package. Once it's available, the first one
can be rebuilt, enabling the previously-disabled features. To make
sure, you can then rebuild the second package. That done, you can
upload either of them, and let the buildds do their job.

Mraw,
KiBi.