Re: Question to candidates: How much available time would you have for DPL work?

On 3/22/24 15:47, Nilesh Patra wrote:
I have worked with both Andreas and Sruthi in some capacity in different teams
so I have some idea about about the turn-around time for both (usually quick).

In Debian, responding to something in around a week is normal (anf good), however, some
DPL tasks would likely come out as urgent+important and would require
you to revert within 24h.

When something is urgent, turnaround within a day or so should be possible for me. Ping me on IRC and matrix, just in case something is to be done in lesser than one day.

While I was answering this question, a thought came to mind. Sending mails to leader@ classified as URGENCY - Low, Medium, High could have better response time. The leader@ inbox would be overflowing with messages and identifying the urgency will make things efficient.

How effectively do you think you'd manage something like this?

Do you also intend to change something w/ respect to the current time you're spending
on Debian?
Do you intend to re-org the time you spend into technical work (for andreas)
or outreach/community/AM team activity (for srud) into DPL tasks?
I would be definitely increasing my Debian time. Also, most of my current activities are in delegated teams from which I will be released if I become DPL. So I will have that time too.

Best,
Nilesh