Re: Candidates question: politics and Debian

On 3/20/24 00:31, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Em 19/03/2024 11:46, Andreas Tille escreveu:

If this question is whether we should target for less power consumption
I consider this topic as perfectly non-controversal and part of our
mission statement.  I can't imagine any user wants to spent more money
on energy to run a Debian system or might be happy about seeking for the
next power plug to recharge the laptop battery.  Probably also people
who do not believe in the need to reduce the carbon footprint will be
interested in less energy consumption and I consider this as part of our
mission statement.

In your page, you wrote:

"I would encourage everyone to minimize air travel whenever possible. Fortunately, I've noticed a tendency among Debian community members to prefer land travel over flights anyway."

How about travels between continents, and traveks in regions/continents without the same train network you have there in Europe?
I think opting for reduced air travel (and/or carbon footprint) should be a personal decision and not DPL's. But what I, as DPL, would do is to evaluate if the "cost" of travel is proportional to the benefit of travel.

I hope my platform was clear enough that I'm in favour of increasing the
diversity in Debian.

I read you page yesterday but I would like to know what ideias do you have to increase gender representation and geographic diversity?

I'm sure everybody is in favor to increase diversity, but what can be done in practice?

Some ideas I have are:

Best regards,