Re: Candidates question: politics and Debian

Hi,
Em 22/03/2024 14:23, Sruthi Chandran escreveu:

Some ideas I have are:

  * more focused spending of diversity budget to ensure the benefits
    reach eligible people

Maybe is it time to Debian has its own outreachy program?
To have DDs mentoring paid interns to learn how to package, how to contribute for softwares/tools used by Debian, and so on.

  * having a delegated team focusing on diversity

It seems a good idea.

  * getting Debian local groups more active to increase Geographical
    diversity

My suggesting here is organize a global meeting in person with leaders from several countries to spend 3 or 4 days changing experiences, learning with each other, and then they will make a commitment to organize their local MiniDebConfs.

And I had the opportunity to join Debian Reunion Hamburg and I could learned a lot with their way to organize the event. I brought some ideas to apply in our MiniDebConf in Brazil. I would to like see more of this exchange between local events organizers.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Belo Horizonte - Brasil