Re: Candidates question: politics and Debian

On Friday, March 22, 2024 3:08:53 AM MST Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
>  Unfortunately you still are hung up on your discriminatory and downright
> disrespectful position that you brought up in 2019 already, haven't learned
> from the discussion, and still seem to find a way that the Code of Conduct
> wouldn't apply to you, nor the DFSG#5.

I feel very strongly that these types of discussions do not belong in Debian.
There are many good causes in the world and much disagreement about what they
are.  For Debian to succeed, it needs to focus on producing a quality software
distribution.  Discussions about tangentially related controversial topics, no
matter how good the cause may be, doesn’t result in any benefit to those causes
but does result in harm to Debian.  The animosity in the previous email is
representative of this (I have only quoted one of the paragraphs above because
I do not find the tone of the message appropriate for a Debian mailing list).

--
Soren Stoutner
soren@debian.org