Re: Possible draft non-free firmware option with SC change

Hi,

On Mon, 2022-09-12 at 21:03 +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> My experience is the same as you describe, with the free installer:
> if you pick the right hardware, Debian works directly today.

By "right hardware", I assume you mean hardware that comes with already
preinstalled non-free software?

Does choosing only hardware with preinstalled non-free software
(instead of partially OS-supplied non-free firmware) make the non-free
software more free?

> What it seems this vote is about is to go back to the time where a
> non-free work is required before you can get to the decent free
> environment.

Try removing all non-free firmware then. Your system won't boot, not
display anything and you won't be able to input anything either.

Ansgar