Re: Question to all candidates: Ongoing/future legal projects

On 3/24/22 19:18, Felix Lechner wrote:
For example, I requested $217 for a one-time SSD & RAM upgrade to help
operate lintian.d.o in November of 2021. My request was not granted. I
didn't even receive a response from Jonathan (other than a request for
more information, with which I complied) even though I followed up on
my request.

I would be interested to hear why that was not approved. On its face, that seems reasonable.

As for your question about "huge wasteful spending," yes, I do worry
about Debian's expenditures in light of Jonathan's comment that he is
happy to "give a lawyer a lot of money." [3]

I think you're taking that completely out of context.

The comment was "I [w]as hoping we could just [pay] a lawyer...and they could deal with it." This follows "it turned out that the legal work around it was much hairier and involved than I had previously anticipated". So he was hoping this could be delegated to a lawyer, but it turned out that it still took a bunch of work from our side (him).

You're focusing on the "..." bit of "a lot of money", which is just a reference to how lawyers are expensive.

[3] https://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2022/03/msg00137.html
--
Richard