Re: Question to all candidates: Ongoing/future legal projects

Hi Molly,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 8:15 AM Molly dB <deblanc@riseup.net> wrote:

> In November 2021, it was discussed in debian-private that a team from
> Debian had been working with a lawyer for a while. (Not sharing
> details: issues remain ongoing.) How would you transition into taking
> on this particular responsibility and similar longer running issues
> should they arise in the future?

I do not think anyone can answer topics from -private on this public
mailing list without breaching project rules, but I'll try to
alleviate your concern in a general way.

After graduating from Harvard, I left engineering and entered a career
in commercial real estate, where I remain licensed. For twenty years,
I have helped clients achieve their objectives. While I have no legal
training, an average transaction requires me to read between 100 and
6,000 pages of newly drafted and existing documents. (My total
transaction volume is about $2.5 billion to date.) I am good with
foreseeing conflict and proposing solutions to parties who have
opposing interests. In short, I negotiate for a living.

Compromise is my life.

As for the situation from November 2021, I have a plan that I believe
will work. If elected, I will not hesitate to implement it. For future
challenges, I'd have to see what they are.

Thank you for your question!

Kind regards,
Felix Lechner