Re: Question to all candidates: Ongoing/future legal projects

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 08:23:12AM -0700, Felix Lechner wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 5:42 AM Molly dB <deblanc@riseup.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to hear about where you draw the line between individual
> > issues and community wide issues. To use an example of copyright
> > claims: Would it be Debian's responsibility if someone raised a
> > copyright claim against an individual for their participation in
> > Debian? Alternatively: If a Debian contributor (maintainer, developer,
> > etc) was being harassed due to their involvement with the project, what
> > responsibilities do you think the project would have to them? Do you
> > think there's a significant difference if the copyright claim (or
> > harassment) is coming from inside the Debian community or outside?
>
> In my case, your questions are somewhat misdirected. I intend to
> exercise very few of the broad presidential powers available to the
> project leader under the constitution. I hope instead to devolve the
> concentration of power from my office into an open and transparent
> system of boards and commissions that enjoy broad community support.

As DPL, you may confront issues which are not wise to handle
transparently.  This could be due to negative social consequnces, legal
advice, etc.  You answer makes me concerned that you intend to either:
- refuse to work on such issues
- unwisely turn them over to the broader community

Maybe you just meant to address the two examples above, and not make a
general statement about your thoughts on being DPL?

Ross