Re: Question to all candidates: Ongoing/future legal projects

Hi Ross,

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 10:42 AM Ross Vandegrift <rvandegrift@debian.org> wrote:

> As DPL, you may confront issues which are not wise to handle
> transparently.  This could be due to negative social consequnces, legal
> advice, etc.  You answer makes me concerned that you intend to either:
> - refuse to work on such issues
> - unwisely turn them over to the broader community
>
> Maybe you just meant to address the two examples above, and not make a
> general statement about your thoughts on being DPL?

My response was directed at the questions Molly had posed, namely
whether (1) contributors should be defended against third-party
copyright claims or (2) whether contributors should be offered
financial assistance when pursuing harassment claims in court.

Both topics are of broad public interest. As project leader, I would
seek to represent the will of the people, i.e. the members.

Kind regards,
Felix Lechner