Re: Lynx is a form of accessibility (was Re: Lynx is not Accessibility)

Le 08/03/2022 à 18:00, Thorsten Glaser a écrit :
Devin Prater dixit:

I use many different operating systems, as a person who is blind. I don't
[…]
While text *is* usually accessible, it's not always the easiest to use.

My point here was that there are *other* cases where lack of
lynx support means lack of accessibility, even if this seems
to no longer be true for *some* (perhaps even most? there IS
a steady stream of people on the lynx mailing list…) vision‐
impaired users there are other usecases.

I would like to understand this more deeply but so far, I do not identify usecases where Lynx or similar is required. For most cases it seems more a choice than a requirement. And when I say this, I do not target only screen reader users. For fonts, etc, a GUI browser with stylus plugin or disabling css may work. Not using JS would make sense but the standard requires using ARIA, HTML5, and Lynx does not support them. If Firefox has slowness bugs, then need to be fixed.

If we assert requirements, I would prefer saying: your techno needs to communicate with the browser accessibility engine being compliant with standard (WCAG).

regards

bye,
//mirabilos