eMail voting (was GR: Hide Identities of Developers Casting a Particular Vote)

>At the same time it relaxes the requirement that the secretary must
>conduct a vote via email.  There are no current plans to move away from

This is a very bad idea.

Alternative solutions may
• have accessibility problems (not work with lynx, for example)
• require different transport (eMail can be done in batches)
• be tricky to do with PGP signatures (and substituting web-ish
  logins has its own kind of trouble (not least with lynx compat))
• require more on the system, especially if it does not work with
  lynx (such as heavy-weight UI with JS-capable browsers)
• be more easy to filter (think countries’ web firewall) than eMail
• have age requirements (many web services exclude minors for no
  good reason)

Please stick to eMail. Debian is currently a solid rock in not
jumping to the latest tech without thought… mostly, anyway.

Thanks in advance,
//mirabilos
--
>> Why don't you use JavaScript? I also don't like enabling JavaScript in
> Because I use lynx as browser.
+1
	-- Octavio Alvarez, me and ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ (Mario Lang) on debian-devel