Re: Informal Discussion: Identities of Voters Casting a Particular Ballot are No Longer Public

Felix...

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 10:42:43AM -0800, Felix Lechner wrote:

>All of them were condemned by later generations: the Salem witch hunt;
>McCartyism; the cultural revolution in China; collectivisation under
>Pol Pot in Cambodia; and perhaps most infamously the many attempts
>over time to expel or eradicate the Jews from various territories.
>
>The collective condition that leads to such madness is now well
>understood. It is a group form of splitting and projection [1] that
>affects entire societies. The phenomenon is easily recognized once you
>understand it. Because of the extreme danger, Orthodox Jews teach it.
>[2]
>
>One of Germany's great insights after World War II was that all calls
>for social upheaval are in themselves barbaric. The country now has
>special local and federal police agencies to monitor such corrosive
>speech (Verfassungsschutz).
>
>In 1949, Arthur Miller wrote the play "The Crucible" about it. He won
>a Pulitzer and many other accolades. In 1954, William Golding dealt
>with similar group dynamics in the novel "The Lord of the Flies." He
>received the Nobel Prize for Literature.
>
>I am embarrassed to read the statements above on a Debian mailing
>list. It is hate speech, pure and simple—and should be grounds for
>expulsion from the project.

Please, for everybody's sake, calm the fuck down. This kind of
inflammatory rhetoric isn't helping anything. It does not belong here.

Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is.
 - @torproject